5 Awesome Podcasts You Are Gonna Love
I love listening to podcasts when I’m getting ready in the morning, while I’m cooking, cleaning, really anytime. This is one of those times when I really love technology. There are probably hundreds if not thousands of great podcasts out there, so I picked five of my favorite I wanted to share with you.
1. The Ziglar Show– Chances are, you’re familiar with Zig Ziglar, one of America’s most inspiring motivational speakers. Wanna know something cool? Back a handful of years ago, before Zig passed away, my hubby, who was working as a personal protection agent (bodyguard), got the chance to work at a motivational conference where Zig was one of the speakers. He got the chance to meet Zig and be part of his protection detail. My husband said he was a really nice guy who was very genuine. Now, Zig’s son, Tom, is carrying on in his father’s footsteps, inspiring us all to greatness and giving us the tools we need to get there. The Ziglar Show is hosted by Kevin Miller, who usually plays a clip of one of Zig’s famous motivational talks, and then he and Tom discuss them, sometimes taking questions or responding to comments from viewers. You can even join the podcast live!
2. The Inspired to Action Podcast– If you know what “Mom Guilt” is, then this podcast is for you. Hosted by Kat Lee, this one is geared towards helping momma’s see just how valuable all those little things we do each day for our kids really are. Who knew that wiping noses and changing diapers was such a high calling? Apparently Kat does, and she wants you to know it too. Set up in an interview style format, Kat finds some amazing women to inspire you with. If you are a momma in the throes of child rearing, you gotta check this one out. While you’re at it, check out Kat’s blog by the same name, Inspired to Action. She has a couple of free e-books you can grab while you’re there.
3. Terri Savelle Foy Podcast– Terri is amazing. I’m racking my brain to think of a way to describe just how super awesome, inspiring, fabulous, beautiful and fun she is. I think of Terri as my mentor and I make it a priority to listen to this short podcast every week. Usually published on Mondays, this podcast comes in under ten minutes or less. It’s like a bit size piece of inspiration I can absorb easily. The thing I love about Terri is that she doesn’t just inspire you, she gives you the information you need to succeed. She is all about inspiring you to have vision for your life, setting and achieving goals and fulfilling your purpose in life. You can listen to this one in iTunes or subscribe to her Youtube channel to watch the podcast. Her website also has some great articles you might want to check out.
4. Joseph Prince Podcast– Joseph Prince has such an amazing grasp of scripture and of the message of grace in particular. Yet, he comes across as a totally down to earth guy, complete with corny jokes and all. If you aren’t completely convinced that God loves you and wants the best for you, check out this inspiration podcast! You will get your thinking straightened out pretty quick!
5. The Healthy Moving Podcast– This podcast is the newest addition to my listening arsenal and I am in love with it. Host Jen Hoffman is like your own personal movement specialist (she calls herself a healthy moving enthusiast). I first came across Jen when I got a free three month subscription to her online yoga community, Stay at Home Yoga. I didn’t think I was really interested in an online yoga program, but it was free, so I though, “What the heck?” and signed up. And fell head over heels in love with Stay at Home Yoga, with the Healthy Moving Podcast and with Jen. In fact, I love it so much, I plan to do a separate review for the Stay at Home Yoga program, and guess what? It will include a giveaway!! This podcast isn’t just about moving- it’s also about mindset: how you think about movement, about yourself, about your life. This one usually clocks in around ten minutes, so it’s the perfect length to fit in while getting ready in the morning. You really have to give this one a listen! You won’t regret it.
*Bonus Podcast– Underground Wellness- This podcast is one I started listening to just a few short weeks ago but it’s already one of my top favorites! If you are a nutrition nerd, this is totally the podcast for you! Hosted by Sean Croxton, this one is all about what is hot on the real food and wellness radar. In fact, I just saw on his Facebook page, that the Underground Wellness podcast is rated #1 in itunes in the Wellness category. That’s a big deal! I love that Sean isn’t afraid to ask the hard questions, not giving his guests a free pass just because they are promoting the same Real Food Message that he does. Plus, the intro music is just really cool. Check it out!
Do you have any favorite podcasts that inspire you? What do you do to bring inspiration into your life on a daily basis? Share them with me in the comments!